The Electronics unit produces and sells electronic components such as printed circuit boards, electronic and electro-mechanical elements, and full system components from smart power and control systems.
- Würth Elektronik Group: crowned “Innovator of the Year” by the business magazine Statista for the third time running
- Würth Elektronik CBT: R&D department moves into the new Reinhold-Würth-Hochschule building in Künzelsau, featuring spaces for work, research and lab facilities; focus on digitalization in electronics
- New printed circuit board production process: first few customer orders and start of series production for new, additive printed circuit board technology using 3D inkjet printing
- Würth Elektronik eiSos: opening of Quality & Design Center in Shenzhen, China, and “Open Space” for creative thinkers and developers on the EUREF Campus in Berlin
- Gold Research and Transfer Prize awarded by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of Heilbronn-Franconia in 2019: new technologies for the manufacture of miniaturized inductive components using semiconductor technology
- Würth Elektronik ICS: market launch and implementation of the first few customer projects featuring high-voltage power distribution solutions for electric and hybrid vehicles