The tools companies supply customers in the metalworking and metal processing industries, particularly in the mechanical and plant engineering sector, and in the automotive manufacturing and automotive supplier industry. They sell products from the areas of drilling, milling, turning, clamping technology, testing and measurement equipment, hand tools, grinding, operating equipment, personal protective equipment, and machinery.
- Less willingness to invest, particularly in the German mechanical and plant engineering sector, and in the automotive manufacturing and automotive supplier industry
- Sales down by 2.1 percent (adjusted to reflect the sale of Monks & Crane, UK, in 2018) due to a drop in sales in investment-related areas such as testing and measurement equipment, machine tools, and operating equipment
- Expansion of the ATORN® and ORION® proprietary brand share with a focus on metal cutting, hand tools, and occupational health and safety
- Moves to press ahead with e-business via the web shop, customer integration in systems, electronic catalogs, and tool dispensing systems
- Continued roll-out of SAP and online shop systems at national companies